NASRA is comprised of individuals who are directly involved in the administration or oversight of Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS) for their respective states. NASRA members are typically state administrators or public service/public utilities commission employees.
NASRA is incorporated under the laws of the state of Minnesota and is organized exclusively for charitable, educational, religious, or scientific purposes within the meaning of section 501 c (3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
Our mission is to function as a clearinghouse for state Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS) administrator topics, issues, standards, and policy statements by:
- Educating members about regulatory standards and advocating for regulatory changes that promote improved quality and efficiency of TRS
- Sharing information and developing ideal standards for TRS administration
- Sharing cost-effective ideas and techniques
- Restraining or reducing the cost of TRS
- Promoting ideas about community outreach
- Providing representation to other professional, technical, and consumer organizations desiring input
- Actively examining and advancing discussion about issues pertaining to TRS and, as determined by NASRA members, preparing items for membership review and submitting advisory opinions about those issues
- Performing other functions as may be deemed appropriate by NASRA members
Billy Mauldin, Member at Large
Public Service Commission of Wisconsin